The Friary Surgery is a part-dispensing practice with a list size of 5750 patients in the attractive market town of Richmond, North Yorkshire. The practice covers approximately 146 square miles and in addition to Richmond, encompasses many pretty villages and hamlets spread over varied and sometime remote terrain.
The Friary Surgery opened in 1999. The building stands on the site of a Franciscan Monastery founded in 1258 and was originally erected as a private dwelling in the sixteenth century, It later became the headmaster's residence and boarding house for Richmond School. Overlooked by Grey Friar's Tower and surrounded by wooded gardens, the building today retains much of its antiquity and original features. However a comprehensive renovation programme has skilfully brought it up to date to meet the demands of modern general practice.
We share our lovely building with the Friary Community Hospital, which has excellent facilities, including in-patient beds, x-ray, physiotherapy, phlebotomy community staff offices and consultant led health clinics.
We are a partnership of Dr Stuart Wallace, Dr Louise Barnes and Dr Todd Green, and employ Dr Rachel Parrot.